This past week, Christian "rediscovered" snuggling with his Mister Bear, a stuffed animal bear he made at Build a Bear when he was 5 years old. Mister Bear has been a fixture on Christian's bed for a couple years and used to go lots of places with us. But just like on Toy Story, Mister Bear, stayed hundled in a pile of other stuffed animals at the foot of Christian's bed waiting to be rediscovered again. The other night he asked if he could make another bear sometime. I replied with my common "mom" response saying, "Someday". ;)
Well, today the weather was much cooler than it has been in a couple weeks so we headed out for an afternoon stroll at the Promenade after school. I wanted to surprise Christian with the chance to stop by Build-A-Bear Workshop. When we walked near it, he asked, "MOM MOM!!! Can I build a new bear today???"
Christian is such a sweet boy for his age and I was delighted that he was so excited to make one again so I said, "Sure!" He picked out a sweet fuzzy white bear and got started!
I was kinda hoping Andrew would be interested in making one along with Christian, but he said no and just wanted to watch his big brother and be his "helper". That and run around the store saying "WOW WOW". I guess he is still a little young to understand the concept. ;)
We were the only ones in the store, so the Build-A-Bear staff was so sweet and helpful with him!
Christian put his foot on the pedal that controlled the amount of "stuffing" that filled his bear.
Christian testing out the fluff in his bear. Just right. :)
Christian picked out the heart for his bear and learning about making it special for his bear!
Now to give his bear an air bath!
When looking at outfits for his bear, Christian stopped right in his tracks when he saw the policeman uniform. Thus, "Police Bear" was born!
Christian putting on his uniform
Presenting "Police Bear"!
When it was time to make the birth certificate on the computer, it asked Christian to name his bear. Instead of picking a name like "Joe" or "Bob" he just chose "Police Bear". Makes sense.
Looks like Christian has a new deputy sidekick!
Christian put his foot on the pedal that controlled the amount of "stuffing" that filled his bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment