Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Year! New room!

It's almost the end of January and I am doing my first post for 2013! Whew! Jim and I spent our New Year's Eve at home with the boys and I couldn't have been happier! 

We wore party hats, played games and I made some yummy party food!

I started the month off with a makeover for Andrew's bedroom. He was outgrowing his toddler bed
and needing to move into a twin bed. So began shopping around for new furniture for his room. But before we could move in new funiture, I had to paint and replace the carpet. So I did all of this is a matter of a few days! 

The room before was bright yellow and green that matched all the decor that we had when Christian and Andrew were babies. We sold all the white furniture on Craigslist and that paid for the new carpet in both Andrew and Christian's rooms.

I got all the painting done in one day. It took two coats of blue and white to cover the old colors but it looks great! The carpet was installed a couple days later and the furniture delivered that same day too! Whew! I was glad when it all came together! While I was working on Andrew's room, he slept in Christian's room on the floor. It worked out a lot better than we expected! Andrew slept great those three nights. Christian did say he was glad when Andrew got his room back because he snored and woke him up a couple times. HAHA!


 


I kept all the Curious George decor I had in his room previously. I just had to get a new bedspread. 
Andrew is so proud of his new room! He couldn't wait to show it off when friends and family came over!

No comments: