Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mom's Ministry trip to Branson!

This past weekend, I went on our annual fall retreat to Branson with my bible study group, Mom's Ministry. Six of us were able to attend...me, Misty, Elise, Laura, Michelle G. and Tricia. We met at the church at 8am Saturday morning and drove to Branson. Our first stop was the Tangier Outlets. Since I was pregnant and not up for power shopping and Elise had a sprained ankle, Elise and I stuck together and hit a few stores. Then we all had lunch at Panera Bread. After that, we dropped off the rest of the gang back at the outlet mall. Elise and I went to check into our condo. We usually stay in the Residence condos at Thousand Hills. But after checking in, the fireplace was not working (and it was COLD!) so we got moved to one of their 3 bedroom cabins. It was really nice and so cozy. It was already decorated for Christmas!



When dinnertime rolled around, all the ladies were still wanting to finish their shopping, so Elise and I headed to dinner at The Worman House at Big Cedar. We each had steak and chocolate desserts! It was so nice and relaxing.
After dinner, we got back to the condo and watched a movie. The others got done with their shopping pretty late. Here is the pile of shopping bags under the tree!

We all got in our jammies and stayed up late visiting, sharing and snacking! It was so much fun!
The next morning, Michelle and Tricia headed back EARLY while the rest of us decided to stay and go out to eat for breakfast and hit the Grand Village shops. We had such a good time!

Laura, me, Elise and Misty

What a fun weekend with great friends!

No comments: