Monday, April 5, 2010

Andrew's first Easter!

This year was Andrew's first Easter!

Courtesy of Legacy House Photography

I love this one. Andrew did not seem at all surprised to be sitting next to a live bunny!

I love Christian's excited smile in this picture! I have found it nearly impossible to get the boys to smile and look at the camera at the same time so this was the best one of them together. ;)

Andrew was born the day AFTER Easter last year, so it was so fun to have our family of four celebrating Easter together for the first time!

Our Easter celebrations began on Saturday. We attended our church Easter Egg Hunt, which my bible study group, Mom's Ministry, helps sponsor each year! I think we had over 2,300 eggs and a ton of kiddos ready to see the Easter bunny and hunt eggs!


Andrew arrived in "Easter style" sporting his bunny ears!

Before the big hunt, we went to get pictures made with the Easter bunny!

Andrew really LOVED the Easter bunny! He got so excited once he was sitting on his lap and would turn around and just look at him smiling!

The weather was beautiful but the ground was a little soggy from the rain overnight. So when I was hiding Easter eggs, I had to be careful not to put them in mud!

Christian giving his brother kisses before he heads out for the big egg hunt!

Christian is ready to hunt!

After the egg hunt, we try to make sure all the kiddos got eggs. We hold back about 50 or so eggs, just in case. We saw a daddy with a little boy and girl that did not get any eggs and Christian actually gave him some of his eggs from his own bucket! So sweet!
His favorite egg was one that had a small wooden cross inside. He held onto that cross all day!

After the hunt, we headed to Van Buren to celebrate Easter with family at Pops and GoGo's house. GoGo greeted us in front of her house with all her flowers and wearing her Easter sweater!

Saturday night, Christian helped GoGo dye Easter eggs. On Easter morning, Christian and Andrew received wonderful Easter baskets full of goodies from the Easter bunny! The bunny even left eggs lying around the house!

Ready to worship on Easter morning!

Our family with Pops and GoGo, Will and John outside of Heritage Methodist in VB.
Kimberly and Wrenn celebrated Easter with Wrenn's parents in Little Rock.
We missed seeing them on Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter lunch fixed by GoGo! I always enjoy her tradition of making an Easter cake...angel food cake with cool whip icing, topped with coconut (dyed green like grass) and topped with Starburst jelly beans! YUM!

All week, we have been reading Christian's Easter story books to teach Christian about Easter.
I thought I would share with you this sweet Easter poem for children...

Jesus was born a long time ago.
God sent him from heaven to live here below.
The angels announced, "Our Savior is born! He sleeps in a manger all cozy and warm."
When Jesus grew up, he told everyone, "Believe in me, I am God's only son."
He said, "Follow me and do what I say, then you can be with me in heaven someday."
Jesus told stories while walking through town.
The children and grown-ups all gathered around.
He healed the sick and have sight to the blind.
He taught everyone to be loving and kind.
But some people did not understand the way Jesus fit into God's special plan.
He hung on a cross, and that's where he died.
The people who loved him just stood there and cried.
But Jesus God's only son didn't stay dead.
"He's alive! He's alive!" the glad angel said.
His friends were excited and jumped up and down.
They spread the good news as they ran through town.
This story's amazing and all of it's true.
He died on the cross for me and for you.
If you love Jesus, believe and obey,
then you can see Jesus in heaven someday.

Hope all of you had a blessed Easter!

No comments: