Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful!

I can't begin to tell you about how hard the past few weeks have been here at the Hopkins Household. Christian got a stomach bug, then bronchitis. Andrew got the stomach bug...and next...bronchitis. Jim and I felt worn out and fought off sore throats for a several days. But this weekend, I went to the doctor feeling AWFUL with high fever and sore throat. Diagnosis: strep throat. After a different meds and another trip to the dr. that included a painful shot in the arse, I am FINALLY on the mend! :)
However, my illness along with the fact that it began freezing rain in Bella Vista this morning, kept us from being with family in Van Buren for Thanksgiving today. We were sad and heartbroken to not be with all of them, but thankful to be safe at home. And lucky enough that I already had a turkey and all the fixings from Harps. ;)

AND....as I work on this blog post, I just discovered that my memory card had a "fatal" error and I just lost ALL pictures from our little Thanksgiving at home today. (HOLDING BACK TEARS!) No pics of my turkey, the icy trees, snow covered deck and driveway (yes, we had a white Thanksgiving) and REALLY sad no pics of Jim and the boys on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. (This memory card also had all my Mom's Ministry retreat pics from Branson and my trip to Tulsa with Hope to see Wicked). Yep, gone.

Well, all I can say is I am thankful to have been able to be with the ones I love the most---my husband and my sweet boys! We made memories with watching the parade and had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Even if I don't have pictures. It's about the memories.

But I do have one picture I took with my phone...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! From our "turkey" to yours!!!

No comments: