I realized that I have not written a general update on our family in awhile---how the boys are, what Jim and I are up to, etc. So here it goes...
Christian...
1st grade picture
Christian is really enjoying 1st grade! I am amazed at what he is learning already! He has become an excellent reader---reading two levels above where the average 1st grader reads. He is now reading chapter books and does great! He also loves to read to Andrew. His current favorite activity is to do Lego kits and play with trucks and trains. He is the best big brother and I am so proud of him!
Andrew...
What can I say about this sweet little stinkpot named Andrew??!!! HAHA! He is truly the cutest little man though much more of a handful than Christian ever was! But we can't imagine not having Andrew in our family! He makes our family complete! He is really the sweetest thing! Andrew is 20 months old and weighs 26lbs. He loves to give kisses and be tickled. He loves stuffed animals, board books, and anything that plays music. He is talking more and more every day. He says fun things like "bathtime" and "snack" and "boooon" (meaning balloon). When we ask, "What does the puppy say?" He replies, "bark bark!" (except with a heavy Brooklyn accent-weird, I know). Now he thinks all animals say "bark bark". Too cute. He loves his big brother and sometimes thinks he is just as big as he is. He eats VERY well, almost as much as Christian. ;)
Jim...
My wonderful hubby is in his 13th year with Wal-Mart Information Systems Division. He is now a Systems Analyst and deals more with managing people and projects than writing straight computer code anymore. But it is still his passion and he is good at what he does. Jim's true passion is golf and he is already teaching Andrew how to play golf. Seriously. ;)
Most of all, Jim is the best husband and father I could ever imagine! I love him more and more every day!!!
me....
Most of you know that I went back to work part time back in August at ARVEST Asset Management. It has been going great. Just 3 days a week/15 hours a week is just enough to get me out of the house and back in the swing of things on the investment trade desk! And Andrew is enjoying his time at Mother's Day Out with other kiddos! I still get to pick up Christian every day after school and they boys really enjoy their playtime together every day. I am still director of the Mom's Ministry study group at our church on Thursday mornings and it still an amazing blessing in my life! I love these ladies! We just ended our most recent study "What Happens When Women Pray" and I begin leading "Date Night in a Minivan" in January. This is a marriage based study and should be a lot of fun! After being on the Board of Child Development for our children's programs at church for 2 years--Central Childcare (the daycare), Tiny Tots (the preschool program) and Mother's Day Out-- I was recently nominated to become the next Vice President for the Board. I will serve two more years as VP, then step into the President of the Board chair. I really enjoy dedicating time to this board that oversees the financials and management of these programs. As you can see, I like to stay busy! ;)
I feel so blessed to have so many amazing friends and family in my life that fill my life with joy!
I truly have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season!
Christian...
1st grade pictureChristian is really enjoying 1st grade! I am amazed at what he is learning already! He has become an excellent reader---reading two levels above where the average 1st grader reads. He is now reading chapter books and does great! He also loves to read to Andrew. His current favorite activity is to do Lego kits and play with trucks and trains. He is the best big brother and I am so proud of him!
Andrew...
Jim...
My wonderful hubby is in his 13th year with Wal-Mart Information Systems Division. He is now a Systems Analyst and deals more with managing people and projects than writing straight computer code anymore. But it is still his passion and he is good at what he does. Jim's true passion is golf and he is already teaching Andrew how to play golf. Seriously. ;)
Most of all, Jim is the best husband and father I could ever imagine! I love him more and more every day!!!
me....
Most of you know that I went back to work part time back in August at ARVEST Asset Management. It has been going great. Just 3 days a week/15 hours a week is just enough to get me out of the house and back in the swing of things on the investment trade desk! And Andrew is enjoying his time at Mother's Day Out with other kiddos! I still get to pick up Christian every day after school and they boys really enjoy their playtime together every day. I am still director of the Mom's Ministry study group at our church on Thursday mornings and it still an amazing blessing in my life! I love these ladies! We just ended our most recent study "What Happens When Women Pray" and I begin leading "Date Night in a Minivan" in January. This is a marriage based study and should be a lot of fun! After being on the Board of Child Development for our children's programs at church for 2 years--Central Childcare (the daycare), Tiny Tots (the preschool program) and Mother's Day Out-- I was recently nominated to become the next Vice President for the Board. I will serve two more years as VP, then step into the President of the Board chair. I really enjoy dedicating time to this board that oversees the financials and management of these programs. As you can see, I like to stay busy! ;)
I feel so blessed to have so many amazing friends and family in my life that fill my life with joy!
I truly have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment