Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rain Rain GO AWAY!



This past week Arkansas has been hit hard with heavy rains and lots of flooding. We have gotten over a foot of rain in just a few days! We also were under several tornado watches and severe storm warnings. We had one morning where we woke up with no electricity AND no water. We were under a boil order all last week. Many of our local county roads flooded too.
Here is a picture of Spanker Road (a road I travel daily) that the creek got so high it covered the bridge...

This picture was taken by Jim's co-worker (not me). Needless to say, we had to go another route home for a couple days. And as I type this entry, we are still getting rainy weather.

This is Veterans Park in Bella Vista. I took the boys down there over Spring Break (you can see in earlier posts) and the water is almost halfway up those walls!
Hope the sun comes out soon!

No comments: