Thursday, July 21, 2011

Room Renew!

A big project that I took on this summer was redecorating Christian and Andrew's rooms.
A fresh coat of light blue paint for Christian's room....

We also rearranged the furniture after taking his toy box out and moving it downstairs. It made his room look and feel a lot bigger. He calls his room "police officer blue".

We also put together a bookcase for his room. Christian calls it his library. Before, he had all his books in various baskets around his room and it was a bit cluttered. I also found a solar system poster for over his bed since he loves science and space. He goes on and on about how much he loves his new room. He says, "Mom, it is so new it is like a hotel room!"
He asked if he could add a key card slider access box to his door. ;)
Too funny!

In the corner, I put a floor pillow for his "reading nook" and found a History of Police officers poster that he really likes. We also hung new dark blue curtains on his windows. They are light blocking which is nice since his room gets all the morning sun. But he still wakes up at 6:15am. Go figure.

When Andrew started to put his leg over the side on his crib, we knew it was time for a toddler bed. Jim and Christian did a great job putting it together!

I must say it was really hard watching Jim take apart the crib that both my baby boys slept in.
But it was exciting to see Andrew's face when he saw his new bed!

He LOVES his toddler bed! He has slept so well in it since day one. We are so blessed!
Andrew also LOVES Curious George. When I was looking for toddler bedding that would already go with the colors on the walls, I found the perfect quilt! I also bought Curious George sheets. He loves them! He points at all the monkeys on his sheets and says "George! George!".

I moved Christian old red curtains into Andrew's room and they went perfect with his new bedding and Curious George decor.

I found this Curious George alphabet poster online and put it in a white frame from Hobby Lobby. I love it! Andrew loves to point and say the letters.

Where my old baby quilt used to hang, I ordered a Curious George sham and had his name put on it. Them I sewed red gingham ribbon loops onto it and made it a wall hanging. Pretty crafty, huh?!

The boys just love their new rooms as much as I do!

No comments: