Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day weekend 2011!


This past weekend, we stayed in Van Buren with Jim's parents. We had the BEST time!
The weather was warm, the pool was open and our bellies stayed full. :)

Pops even got out "Jamaica"! This is an inflatable pool and activity toy that Jim's parents bought when they watched Christian when we were in Jamaica in 2007. Andrew loved it!

Andrew jumped in head first every time! He LOVES the water!

Pops and GoGo opened their pool this weekend but the water was COLD! Christian did not seem to mind. ;) At least it was 90 degrees outside!

The first evening, we had dinner at Big Jake's steakhouse, which is Christian's favorite place to eat when we go to VB. Andrew likes it too because of the "choochoo" that runs across the top of the restaurant. Christian likes their "cowboy bean soup" and said he wants to wear boots next time we go. haha!

The second night, Pops cooked steaks out of the grill and they were DELICIOUS!

And of course, this view NEVER gets old...

I love sitting outside and enjoying the view of the Arkansas River and being where Jim and I were married. So special. One of my favorite places in the whole world.

On Memorial Day, we went to downtown Fort Smith for the Old Fort Days Parade!
In all my years of living down in Van Buren, I don't think I had ever gone to the parade. I think Pops enjoyed it as much as Christian and Andrew. ;)

Christian's favorite was the police cars and sheriffs that started the parade. ;)

Andrew liked the horses. He kept saying "horse, horse!"

My favorite part of parades are always the old cars. :)

After lunch, we headed back home. We all had a fun filled weekend!

Andrew was worn out!

Christian was too but would not admit it. ;) He looks so big in this picture. I can't get over how much he is growing up! (sniff, sniff).
Thanks Pops and GoGo for a fun weekend! We love you!

No comments: