Since Andrew was born, I have not been able to spend any one-on-one time with Christian, so I thought this would be a great way to do so! Plus, I got to get a little break from washing bottles, laundry and cleaning house. ;) I checked him out of school after lunch recess and we hit the road!
We stopped about halfway at Roaring River.
We got to Branson around 3pm in time to check-in to our hotel then off to our first show....
Dixie Stampede!
Our hotel was right next door to the Titanic! I took Christian to this exhibit this summer and he loved it!
Saturday morning, we had breakfast at the hotel then went swimming in the hotel's indoor heated pool. Christian thought it was crazy swimming indoors but loved it!
After swimming, we got ready to see the Holiday Parade down Hwy 76. We carried our lawn chairs to the end of the parking lot of the hotel and got to see the whole parade right in front of us! We saw all the Branson stars-Andy Williams, The Osmonds, Lennon Sisters, etc.
He loved the marching band best of all!
We had lunch at Montana Mike's then took a nap. We then went to see Cathy Rigby in Peter Pan at The Mansion. It was sooo good! Christian really enjoyed the songs! I was so impressed with Cathy Rigby's performance. She truly took on the persona of Peter Pan and at age 57 moved around like a kid! VERY impressive! If you plan to go to Branson in the next few weeks, I would definitely recommend seeing it!
.jpg)
After Peter Pan, we went to Silver Dollar City!
The weather was absolutely beautiful that night,
we did not even need a jacket while we were outside.
We got to Silver Dollar City in time to grab some sandwiches for dinner and grab a spot to watch the parade right up front. We REALLY lucked out on that because there were SO many people there. We heard some people saying there were over 20,000 that had passed through the gates so far that day. Needless to say, it was crowded. But we did enjoy seeing the lights and the parade.
It was when Jim and I were dating 13 years ago, he took me to Branson to see all the Christmas lights! It was fun seeing them again with Christian!
We went to the Grand Village shops, I like to look at all the Christmas trees at the Kris Kringle Christmas store and Christian got a sailboat from the toy store. Then we went to the Tangier Outlet Mall. I got the boys some cute matching jammies and Christmas bibs for Andrew!
On the way home, we stopped at Roaring River again and fed the fish.
So what did Jim and Andrew do while we were gone you ask???
Jim was excited to spend some time with Andrew, just the two of them. They did go to Pops and GoGo's house on Saturday to visit. Jim got to play golf while Pops and GoGo bonded with Andrew too.
GoGo really enjoyed feeding Andrew!When we got home Sunday, I was able to kiss and love on Andrew for awhile and give him his bottle before going to bed. Christian really missed his baby brother too...
1 comment:
Post a Comment