Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 week Winter Break??!!

So this past week, we got lots of winter weather. Snow, snow and did I mention SNOW? ;)
Our area had record low temperatures...many mornings we woke up with single digit lows and highs in the teens. Wind chills were below zero. So the first week back to school after winter break turned into a 3rd week of winter break. And I thought global warming meant....well, the weather gets WARM?!
With the cold weather and bad roads, we spent most of the week at home. Cabin fever began to set in to the point I was jumping up and down when I had the chance to go to the grocery store. Lame, I know. So we found lots of things around the house to keep us busy--from putting together puzzles, organizing closets and lots and lots of playing!

Andrew really enjoyed having his big brother around all day to play with him!

Christian even taught Andrew how to "give kisses"...


They love each other so much!

When the roads got better by Friday (yet they still closed school), we headed out of the house!
But not before bundling up...

Is this not the cutest?! Andrew was warm and ready to go!
This fleece baby coat was given to Christian from Aunt Kimberly. I even found the picture of the first time I put Christian in it...

Christian, January 2005

On Saturday evening, Christian was invited to a birthday party for Mary at Jump Zone.
What a great way for Christian to burn off all that energy he has been holding in all week!

Christian going down the slide

Christian with Carson (Aaron and Allison's oldest boy)

Brandon and Ruby

And while all our kiddos played, I got to visit with my girlfriends!

This morning we went to church and it was great getting to see everyone after being stuck at home. Andrew had so much fun, he wore himself out and fell asleep on the way home...

Now to get ready for back to school tomorrow!

No comments: