Christian received the Kiwanis Terrific Kid Award!
This morning, Jim, Andrew and I attended Christian's Friday morning monthly assembly at Cooper Elementary. They call it "Round-Up" since their mascot is Broncos. ;)
Each month, school staff nominates students to receive the "Terrific Kid" award based on outstanding performance in classwork, homework, how they treat others, positive attitude, good character and responsible citizenship. Christian said he was the first in his class to receive the award! We were so proud! They presented Christian with the award (along with a goody bag) during the assembly. Afterwards, I went to say hi to his teacher. There were a few other teachers standing with her and they all asked, "Are you Christian's mom?"
"Yes, I am!" I proudly replied. They all began telling me what a sweet boy he was, always polite, and how much they get a kick out of him, saying he always talks like such an adult. I was very excited to hear how all the teachers enjoy Christian.
Award or not, we are truly so proud of our terrific kid!
Christian showing off his "Terrific Kid" button
So after school, I took Christian to get a special treat....
Ice cream!
(with sprinkles, of course)
This morning, Jim, Andrew and I attended Christian's Friday morning monthly assembly at Cooper Elementary. They call it "Round-Up" since their mascot is Broncos. ;)
Each month, school staff nominates students to receive the "Terrific Kid" award based on outstanding performance in classwork, homework, how they treat others, positive attitude, good character and responsible citizenship. Christian said he was the first in his class to receive the award! We were so proud! They presented Christian with the award (along with a goody bag) during the assembly. Afterwards, I went to say hi to his teacher. There were a few other teachers standing with her and they all asked, "Are you Christian's mom?"
"Yes, I am!" I proudly replied. They all began telling me what a sweet boy he was, always polite, and how much they get a kick out of him, saying he always talks like such an adult. I was very excited to hear how all the teachers enjoy Christian.
Award or not, we are truly so proud of our terrific kid!
So after school, I took Christian to get a special treat....
(with sprinkles, of course)
No comments:
Post a Comment