Sunday, July 18, 2010

I have returned to the land of the living...

Yes, it has almost been a week since my last post, but I came down with what had to be the flu. That's right, the flu in the middle of summer. NO FUN! After running high fevers, chills, runny nose, aches, etc. for a few days, I felt like running out of the house today yelling, "I am free!"
Luckily, Jim was able to help out with the boys while I went to the doctor, tried to get some rest and mostly not spread my germs around the family. So far it worked. ;)

While lying in my bedroom being quarantined from everyone this past week, I got very bored. We don't have a TV in our bedroom. Yes, it's true. It has been something I have never wanted in there, but the past few times I have been sick (or just wanted to watch a movie while lying in bed), I kinda wished we had a TV in our bedroom. ANYWAY, I decided to check out games that I could play on my new iPhone. I have never been much into playing games on my phone or Facebook... (no I will NEVER accept your Farmville or Mafia Wars---
who has time for all that??!!)
So I had to search the Apple app store for something that looked interesting to me. I found one....Build-A-Lot. It is a property management game that is based on superior time management skills (check!), organizational skills (check!) and knowledge on how to make money in real estate (check!). It was FREE, so I downloaded it. So when I could not sleep or I was trying to sweat out my fever, I would play this game. I have reached level 26 and have over $159 million in career earnings! Pretty good for spending a few hours playing! Now if only I could do it in real life. ;)
But just like the game, you have to spend money to make money.
Each level I start with $100, 000. Not bad. But who is gonna give me that??!! ;)
Guess I will just go back to the "spend money" part....I think I will begin with buying a TV for the bedroom. :)

No comments: