Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The fireplace project



Last Friday night, I had a burst of energy and decided to take on a little project I had been wanting to do for awhile now....painting our fireplace mantel. It is not a real wood mantel but rather the builder just built the wall out and shaped it to look like one. I have always felt that the items on my mantel just look like they are "floating" since the mantel is the same color as the walls...off white. So I headed to Lowe's for a can of paint and a sponge brush.

Here's what $11 and a couple hours look like....

BEFORE


AFTER

WOW! What a difference, huh? Now it looks like I have a mantel. It really makes the fireplace "pop"! As you know, one thing leads to another, so this Saturday I have decided to paint the walls. It will be a nice khaki color, not too dark, but just enough color to warm up the room. Check the blog after the weekend to see the finished project!

No comments: