Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Welcome Robert Wrenn Wooten!

Monday morning, I am awaken by a text from Kimberly saying her water broke at 1:30am and
she is in labor! WOW! Being that Kimberly was due September 1st, it was quite a surprise! She was having high blood pressure and was put on bedrest in the hospital until he was born. So luckily, she was already at the hospital and ready to go!

Christian and I drove to Plano, TX so we could be there when he was born.
We arrived just in time!


Kim had progressed to a 9 and things were moving along in her labor. Christian went to hang out with Pops in the waiting room while GoGo and I stayed with Kimberly and Wrenn in the labor and delivery room. Kimberly was AWESOME! She stayed calm and pushed like a pro!
After 1 and 47 minutes of pushing, Robert Wrenn Wooten was born!

Robert weighed 6 lbs. and was 19 inches long! Thought he was 4 weeks early, he had excellent stats and his lungs were good!

Isn't he the cutest baby!!! And so alert!!!
Kimberly said she did not want me to post a pic to Facebook yet, but she did not say I couldn't to my blog! (wink, wink!) I am just a VERY proud aunt!

And look at all that dark, beautiful hair!!!

I love this picture! Wrenn is a proud father!

Christian meeting Robert for the first time!

Proud Pops!

GoGo and Christian so happy that Robert has arrived!!!

Though we did not get to hold him, (he was being monitored by the NICU nurses just making sure he keeps a good temperature and good stats-so far so good!), we plan to head back to Texas in a few weeks for Labor Day to spend some time visiting with the new family! ;)
Congratulations Kimberly and Wrenn!
We hope you get to head home from the hospital very soon with your new bundle of joy!

No comments: