Well, since we had the water damage downstairs, repairs have been going on outside of our house to prevent the flow of water from ever coming into the house again. I have taken a few pictures of the work being done. Jim and I are so grateful to have Bruce Jones, Will and his construction crew working on our house. We know the job is getting done and done correctly.
Here is some of the work being done...

The foundation and wall of that side of the house has been water proofed and pipes are being laid to take the gutter drains to the back of our property---instead of the water flowing along the side of the house.

As you can see, the slope of the land had all the water flowing to that corner of our house and that's where water came into our downstairs. There will be these drain pipes from the gutters and a wall to block the flow of water towards the house and our patio.

Bruce let Christian sit on the bulldozer with him! Christian thought that was really cool!

Bruce filling in the ditch with gravel along the side of the house

Today, they had this much done when I got home and began work on the wall behind the house.

Getting started with the wall

The stone look good!
We probably still have another week or more of work to be done....gutter covers, drains along the back of the house, etc. I will post more pics as more progress is made!
1 comment:
Wow! Now you have it fixed and fixed right, I am sure that will bring you peace of mind next time it rains!
So cool they let Christian on the bulldozer, I am sure he thought that was so awesome! e
Post a Comment