This past Saturday, Jim and I took the boys to the Bentonville Model Train Show at the Clarion Hotel. When I read about this event, I thought "how perfect!" for my train lovin' little boys!
They had several trains displayed and even took time to let the kids operate the model trains!
Christian really loved being able to operate the trains! They even gave him a certificate as an "official model train engineer". Too cute!
They even had lots of train memorabilia and collectibles for sale. I took a picture of the old chalk board train schedule from the train station in my hometown, Van Buren, AR.
They had several trains displayed and even took time to let the kids operate the model trains!
They had everything from matches, dishes, pencils to maps and old schedules and advertising for old train lines.
I was really surprised to see more grown men walking around buying train stuff than kids at this event. So many of the older men where excited to see the young boys excited about trains.
One said to me, "We gotta get these youngins' into trains!"
Andrew was one of the youngest little boys there but he had fun strolling around and pointing to all the trains and saying, "Ahhh, chooo chooos!" He even received an engineer hat for his enthusiasm. ;)
I was really surprised to see more grown men walking around buying train stuff than kids at this event. So many of the older men where excited to see the young boys excited about trains.
One said to me, "We gotta get these youngins' into trains!"
No comments:
Post a Comment