Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yes, I'm still here!

So once again, I have been so busy that I got VERY behind on our family blog. However, I am happy to say I have more time. More time for lots of things in my life. More time for things like.... my blog again, haha. ;)
 Last month, I decided to resign from my position with NWAMotherlode.com (effective Oct 2013). Though I loved planning the NWA Mom Prom, I wasn't jumping up and down about advertising sales part of my position. Going business to business, phone calls and emails never returned makes for lots of effort without a lot of payoff. I was excited to have the flexibility to "work from home" but did not realize how much time it actually took from being at home. Yes, it's nice to be able to sit at your computer, make phone calls, etc. while still in pjs, but when you work from home, it is hard to "turn off" work. It was always there. Emails, phone calls, texts, etc. 
Not like my previous job at AAM where when I left for the day, my work day was OVER. When I was home, I could focus on my family without the constant interruptions of the "convenience" of technology. So when I did the math, I realized the time vs. money (along with other things) was just not adding up. So when I made the choice to resign, I was at peace which confirmed it was the right decision for me. Some jobs are only for a season, and I truly feel that God put me in that position to fill a void I was having professionally and to help the ladies of NWAMotherlode host an event for a great charity at the same time. It was a WIN, WIN. But now I am happy to be a true stay at home mom again! YAY! So stay tuned for a few months of updates from The Hopkins Household!

No comments: