Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day weekend!

I would love to report that we had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend but for those who know me, I stay BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! We did not travel anywhere, but we stayed home and worked on a unexpected home project. ;) With all the rain we had the past month, we had water leak into our downstairs bedroom. Our carpet was soaked about 2-3 feet into the room. It was caused by a combination of dirt and mulch levels being too high against the house (after our recent yard revamp) and our gutters over flowing and pounding water into a concentrated area. Sooo, we dug the dirt away from the house and replaced dirt with rock to help with drainage and the concrete foundation has been sealed from the outside. We also had all of our gutters cleaned out as well. Since we are having to replace the carpet, I decided to go ahead and paint the room before we put down new flooring.


The walls were a basic off white before I painted. We are turning our guest bedroom into a guest room/office/playroom. We are getting rid of the old furniture and decor and have purchased a computer desk and are putting a day bed into the room to allow more space for the boys to play.

Here is a picture of where we cut the wet carpet away from the walls. Yuck!
Our carpet won't be in until 7-10 days. Can't wait! I will post pics of the room once we have finished the project! We also cleaned out the wall of closets in this room and got rid of a ton of stuff! We are planning a garage sale for sometime in mid-June.

Even though our weekend was full of hard work, we did have some fun! Jim cooked out steaks for us on Sunday and they were WONDERFUL! Monday night, he cooked brauts out on the grill and they were yummy too! Christian loved both the steak and brauts!

I took Andrew on his first stroller ride through our neighborhood the one day it did not rain. Jim's parents gave me this Razorback umbrella stroller for Mother's Day! Andrew loves to be outside. Sometimes when he is fussy all I have to do is walk outside onto our deck and he calms down right away.

Isn't he just the cutest??!!!

1 comment:

The Nichols's said...

What a cutie. I think he looks a little like MOMMY in this picture. We definately need to get together this summer! You need to come see the new house. Take care!