Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christian and croup meet again...


Friday night, I got my haircut (a bit shorter than usual-not sure how I am feeling about it, but oh well) and had dinner with a couple of my friends from church, Michelle and Tricia at Johnny Carinos. On Saturday, I had big plans of running errands but we ended up staying in most of the day. Saturday night, Jim and I went out to dinner at Bordino's with one of Jim's co-workers and his wife then went to see Wizard of Oz at the Walton Arts Center. It was a cute show and we both enjoyed it more than I thought we would.
When we got home Saturday night, we were surprised to hear the barking cough of croup coming from Christian during the night. He was coughing so bad and having trouble breathing that we took him outside at 1am to breathe in the cold air to help reduce the coughing. That was a tip we got from a Mayo clinic nurse helpline. Surprisingly, taking him outside and breathing the cold air really does help with his croup. This morning we stayed home from church since his cough continued and he did not feel well. Jim took him to the doctor to get him his usual medicine for croup. Christian is prone to getting croup a few times a year when there are drastic changes in the weather. He was hospitalized with horrible case of croup right before his first birthday. The doctors at that time said it was one of the worst cases they had seen. It was awful. Luckily, we now know the first signs of the symptoms and know the medicine that makes it go away before it gets worse now, so usually he is better in just a few days. He is napping now and tonight I have adult bible study training at church so I hope he and Jim have a nice quiet evening tonight.

No comments: