Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice storm!

Though I had been hoping for a good snow storm before winter was over, I was not expecting what we have received. Yesterday afternoon, schools closed early as our area began to receive freezing rain. We awoke this morning to a huge ice storm. All area schools were closed. Ice covered all of the streets, trees and yard. We stayed inside all day. I took advantage of working on our taxes and organizing drawers, etc. It is hard for me to just sit and do nothing. :) Thank goodness we have electricity. Many people are without it. A few of my co-workers made it into work and then the power went off at the office.
Here are some pictures I took of our yard. Unfortunately, we have already lost one of our dogwood trees. We heard a huge "snap" from the backyard and this is what we saw...


The build up of ice on our small trees and shrubs

The view of our backyard (and the dogwood tree before it broke in half)
And the ice is still falling...

No comments: