Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice continued part 2...

Today (Thursday), we awoke to no electricity. It went off around 3:30 this morning. Not fun. After being in the house for a few days already, I was not about to continue that with no power. I don't do "no power". So I immediately called a local Bentonville hotel to make a reservation--just in case our power did not come back on tonight. We found out our church daycare was opening at 10am, so we decide to get dressed and adventure out into town! Our road is still a sheet of ice but we could see parts of the main road behind us and it was partially cleared. So we packed our things for an overnight stay (just in case) and headed to work. We picked up our friend and neighbor Bryan, who also works with Jim, and I dropped them off at WMT ISD. Then I took Christian to church where he was 1 of 3 kids in his class that day. But he was ready to play! I made it into work about 11:15 or so. Our parking lot was a sheet of ice. My boss Stephanie, came to help walk me into the building--she was concerned I would fall on the ice, it was bad! It felt good to be back at work and see everyone and hear about everyone's crazy ice adventures. Our office was actually working off a generator and our lights would go off throughout the day but our computers would stay on. Weird. Anyway, we heard from our neighbors that our electricity came back on around noon, so we are back home...no hotel stay needed. Whew! I am so thankful to have power and also for all of the men out there working to get it restored for everyone else!

No comments: