My day was filled with a few surprises. Christian had stayed home yesterday with Jim and his croup cough went away but started to develop into a deeper sounding cough that would not stop. He felt good yesterday but awoke with a bit of a fever and said he did not feel good. Jim had to go back to work today, so I stayed with Christian. Today was also suppose to be my first day of class for the spring semester of Mom's Ministry, however, it had SNOWED overnight. No one was expecting snow. Though many roads in town were ok, they closed Bentonville schools because so many back roads were bad, especially in Bella Vista. So I spent my morning calling the members of my class to let them know we would have to reschedule to start back next week.
I also took Christian to the doctor today since he was not getting better. The doctor heard some crackling in his lungs and suggested an x-ray and blood tests. The x-rays showed the croup was gone but we found out Christian has a bit of pneumonia, which explains why he has not gotten better. After spending almost 4 hours at the health center, we came home and napped the rest of the afternoon. He is no longer running a fever tonight and is feeling better, but still has a nasty cough. Luckily, Jim can work from home and will stay with him tomorrow.
On a better note, tonight I attended my first CUMC Board of Child Development meeting. I was nominated to this board of our church to serve for the next three years. I have had Christian in each of the programs the Board oversees...Central Childcare, Tiny Tots preschool and Mothers Day Out. I also will serve on the finance subcommittee as well. I am excited about this opportunity to serve!
I also took Christian to the doctor today since he was not getting better. The doctor heard some crackling in his lungs and suggested an x-ray and blood tests. The x-rays showed the croup was gone but we found out Christian has a bit of pneumonia, which explains why he has not gotten better. After spending almost 4 hours at the health center, we came home and napped the rest of the afternoon. He is no longer running a fever tonight and is feeling better, but still has a nasty cough. Luckily, Jim can work from home and will stay with him tomorrow.
On a better note, tonight I attended my first CUMC Board of Child Development meeting. I was nominated to this board of our church to serve for the next three years. I have had Christian in each of the programs the Board oversees...Central Childcare, Tiny Tots preschool and Mothers Day Out. I also will serve on the finance subcommittee as well. I am excited about this opportunity to serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment