This morning I woke up with a desire to head to Branson for the day. I know. Kinda crazy, especially on my own with the boys (Jim was playing in a golf tournament) but I have been wanting to go up there and take Christian to a couple of the sites before school started.
So at 9am I decided we were going and at 10am, we were pulling out of the driveway!
Both boys did great on the way there...Andrew slept most of the way or jabbered. Christian listened to his headphones. Though he did get car sick from the curvy roads, we had to pull over and take his shirt off. It wasn't too bad. So when we arrived in Branson, I headed to Tanger Outlets first. We strolled into Gymboree with Christian shirtless. ;) He said, "I can't go anywhere until I have a shirt!" (you see, going to Branson on a whim...I forgot extra clothes for Christian--though I had PLENTY of extra onesies for Andrew). After Christian got his shirt ($4.99 off the sale rack). We sat outside at a table with an umbrella and enjoyed our lunch "al fresca". I had a couple Lunchables in the fridge and threw those in the car. That way we did not have to fight the crowds at the one and ONLY place to eat at that outlet mall..A&W Rootbeer and burgers...saving time and money. Yes, I am a smart one. ;) It was so nice and relaxing watching all the people while we took our time. Andrew drank his bottle and we enjoyed some shopping. Then we headed to the Titanic exhibit!

Christian outside the Titanic exhibit. They would not allow cameras inside.
Christian has really been into boats recently and I thought he would enjoy getting to walk through the big boat exhibit! He was SO excited when we got there! Though it had lots of artifacts and interesting information displayed about the ship and a five year old could care less, he LOVED going into the captains area and "steering" the boat with the big wooden steering wheel. It had the grand staircase and some other fun stuff Christian really liked too. Andrew slept through the whole thing in the stroller.
After that, we went to the Ripley's Believe or Not museum.

Christian on some crazy contraption in the museum
Personally, I thought the museum was lame. Christian really only enjoyed a few things in it, but I am glad we went so we know what it is all about...and to not waste our time there again. ;)
After that, we called it a day and headed home.
Christian and his souvenir boat from the Titanic. He wanted a "soft and squishy boat to snuggle with". Too cute. Do you see those tired eyes?!
What a fun day!
So at 9am I decided we were going and at 10am, we were pulling out of the driveway!
Both boys did great on the way there...Andrew slept most of the way or jabbered. Christian listened to his headphones. Though he did get car sick from the curvy roads, we had to pull over and take his shirt off. It wasn't too bad. So when we arrived in Branson, I headed to Tanger Outlets first. We strolled into Gymboree with Christian shirtless. ;) He said, "I can't go anywhere until I have a shirt!" (you see, going to Branson on a whim...I forgot extra clothes for Christian--though I had PLENTY of extra onesies for Andrew). After Christian got his shirt ($4.99 off the sale rack). We sat outside at a table with an umbrella and enjoyed our lunch "al fresca". I had a couple Lunchables in the fridge and threw those in the car. That way we did not have to fight the crowds at the one and ONLY place to eat at that outlet mall..A&W Rootbeer and burgers...saving time and money. Yes, I am a smart one. ;) It was so nice and relaxing watching all the people while we took our time. Andrew drank his bottle and we enjoyed some shopping. Then we headed to the Titanic exhibit!
Christian has really been into boats recently and I thought he would enjoy getting to walk through the big boat exhibit! He was SO excited when we got there! Though it had lots of artifacts and interesting information displayed about the ship and a five year old could care less, he LOVED going into the captains area and "steering" the boat with the big wooden steering wheel. It had the grand staircase and some other fun stuff Christian really liked too. Andrew slept through the whole thing in the stroller.
After that, we went to the Ripley's Believe or Not museum.
Personally, I thought the museum was lame. Christian really only enjoyed a few things in it, but I am glad we went so we know what it is all about...and to not waste our time there again. ;)
After that, we called it a day and headed home.
What a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment