I live with a 5 year old that starts talking as soon as he wakes up and never stops! :)
And to think, he did not say but three words for the first two years of his life! Christian is at the stage in life where he wants to figure out how EVERYTHING works, why certain things happen, etc. Some questions are silly but some are really deep and make you think.
Here are just a few questions he has asked me recently...
"Do firefighters get dirty?"
"Are people important?"
"Why did God make bugs that sting?"
"Why do babies have to fuss?"
"Where does the moon go when the sun comes up?"
"What makes rain wet?"
"Mom, why does your face get broken out?" (I wish I knew that one!)
But the most recent deep question was asked of me yesterday while we sat and ate lunch.
Christian asked "When you go to heaven to be with God, is it for a long time?"
Hhhhhmmmm, pretty deep question for a five year old. So I told him, "When you die and go to heaven to be with God and all the angels, it is a place that you will be forever and that's a wonderful thing." I could see the "wheels turning" as he thought about that one. He then asked, "Is that where Grandad is?" Jim's Grandad passed away recently when Andrew was just a week old. I told him, "Yes, Grandad is in heaven and when we die we will go to heaven too because we love God and have His love in our hearts, and we will get to see Grandad again."
He sat and thought for a moment then replied, "I would love to go to heaven with you mom, and I will take you to go see Grandad". I was holding back tears at this point and all of this happened on what would have been Grandad's birthday yesterday.
And to think, he did not say but three words for the first two years of his life! Christian is at the stage in life where he wants to figure out how EVERYTHING works, why certain things happen, etc. Some questions are silly but some are really deep and make you think.
Here are just a few questions he has asked me recently...
"Do firefighters get dirty?"
"Are people important?"
"Why did God make bugs that sting?"
"Why do babies have to fuss?"
"Where does the moon go when the sun comes up?"
"What makes rain wet?"
"Mom, why does your face get broken out?" (I wish I knew that one!)
But the most recent deep question was asked of me yesterday while we sat and ate lunch.
Christian asked "When you go to heaven to be with God, is it for a long time?"
Hhhhhmmmm, pretty deep question for a five year old. So I told him, "When you die and go to heaven to be with God and all the angels, it is a place that you will be forever and that's a wonderful thing." I could see the "wheels turning" as he thought about that one. He then asked, "Is that where Grandad is?" Jim's Grandad passed away recently when Andrew was just a week old. I told him, "Yes, Grandad is in heaven and when we die we will go to heaven too because we love God and have His love in our hearts, and we will get to see Grandad again."
He sat and thought for a moment then replied, "I would love to go to heaven with you mom, and I will take you to go see Grandad". I was holding back tears at this point and all of this happened on what would have been Grandad's birthday yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment