Have I mentioned that I LOVE St. Patrick's Day?! Not that I am Irish (Italian, actually) but I love the festivities and what a fun-loving holiday it is! And who doesn't like green?!
Christian was excited that I got him a special St. Patrick's Day shirt. ;) At school, they made leprechaun catchers and wrote their own stories about leprechauns for homework!
While Andrew wasn't sure if he should applaud the fact I put a silly headband on him...
But he got into it a little later...
And began to look like a jabberin' Irishman...

And I swear his nose only looks orange in pictures. ;)
Today was my MDO (Mother's Day Out). Jim and I decided a few weeks ago to have a lunch date for St. Patrick's Day. What a celebration today turned out to be since it was the first day I was able to eat after experiencing the wrath of the stomach bug. I had not eaten anything but dry toast and a popsicle since Sunday night. Luckily, I was feeling MUCH better and was happy to be heading out for a special lunch to fill my empty tummy! At least I lost 5 pounds?!
So Jim and I headed to the only Irish restaurant in our area...

This picture reminds me of "the girl in the green scarf", ya know from the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic?! LOVE that movie and all the books too! Except I did not pay more than $200 bucks for my scarf (just $14.99 at Ann Taylor Loft a couple seasons ago).
So I can't end my post without sharing some of my St. Patrick's Day decor around our home...
I made this wreath for our front door...just a sign from Hobby Lobby stuck in the middle of a plain greenery wreath and flowers for a bit of "flair".
And stuck some glittery Shamrocks in my flower bed for fun!
I always put out my Irish Blessing plaque in our dining room.
So here is an Irish Blessing for you...
May your days be many and your troubles be few.
May all God's blessings descend upon you.
May peace be within you. May your heart be strong.
May you find what you're seeking wherever you roam.
While Andrew wasn't sure if he should applaud the fact I put a silly headband on him...
Today was my MDO (Mother's Day Out). Jim and I decided a few weeks ago to have a lunch date for St. Patrick's Day. What a celebration today turned out to be since it was the first day I was able to eat after experiencing the wrath of the stomach bug. I had not eaten anything but dry toast and a popsicle since Sunday night. Luckily, I was feeling MUCH better and was happy to be heading out for a special lunch to fill my empty tummy! At least I lost 5 pounds?!
So Jim and I headed to the only Irish restaurant in our area...
So I can't end my post without sharing some of my St. Patrick's Day decor around our home...
So here is an Irish Blessing for you...
1 comment:
I love it!!!! It looks like you had an amazing day...and I am glad you are feeling better. Many blessings...
Post a Comment