Friday was my last official day at work. I am excited to have some time to rest and relax before Andrew is born, but I will REALLY miss my co-workers! They are my family!
But the shenanigans (or should I say "shenans") began before that! When I came into work on Thursday, here is what happened to my desk...

EVERYTHING on my desk was wrapped! From my phone to my pens and post it notes. :) But my fellow traders were sweet enough to surprise me with a wrapped gift as well...
A Snuggie! Yea! I was so excited! Each time we see this ad come on TV for the Snuggie (and free booklight, ha) I always say how I want one! So that was my parting gift. :)
That afternoon, I was also surprised with a rather unique cookie cake....
WTF? I could not believe they actually order a cake with this on it! This phrase is one used quite often in our office since we always speak in abbreviations or ("abbrevs") and acronynms. Too funny!
Later that afternoon, we had a baby shower for Paul and Tabitha. Paul is one our other newest traders we hired on the desk to help with the workload since I was leaving.

Paul and Tabitha are also expecting a baby boy, Gabriel (Gabe) Scott, on April 21st, just a couple weeks after me! Andrew and Gabe will be buddies!
And even after the shenanigans and parties were over, the fun was not! My co-worker Jamie was turning 30 on Friday and his wife was surprising him with a ski trip to Colorado with his buddies. Another one of my co-workers, Trent, was going too. So we had to find a way to get Jamie out of the office early without him knowing what was going on. He got home and his wife Rachel surprised him with tickets to Colorado and all of his friends were packed and ready to go! For the full story and pics, you can visit Rachel's blog at http://jamieandrachel.blogspot.com/
On my official last day, Friday, the office had an ice cream cake going away party for me as well! Everyone was so sweet! I will miss you all but will be up to visit with baby Andrew soon!
After work, GoGo came to pick up Christian and take him to Van Buren for the night so Jim and I could celebrate my "retirement". :) We went to dinner at Powerhouse then went to our friends house, Aaron and Allison. Their boys Carter and Carson had received drums and guitars for Christmas and put on a show for us! It was so cute!
Then they wanted to see Jim, "the real drummer" play for them...
Jim even sat in their little chair. So cute! The boys enjoyed it!
Thanks Aaron and Allison for having us over!
Now, to put my feet up and rest on the couch in my Snuggie....;)
But the shenanigans (or should I say "shenans") began before that! When I came into work on Thursday, here is what happened to my desk...
That afternoon, I was also surprised with a rather unique cookie cake....
Later that afternoon, we had a baby shower for Paul and Tabitha. Paul is one our other newest traders we hired on the desk to help with the workload since I was leaving.
And even after the shenanigans and parties were over, the fun was not! My co-worker Jamie was turning 30 on Friday and his wife was surprising him with a ski trip to Colorado with his buddies. Another one of my co-workers, Trent, was going too. So we had to find a way to get Jamie out of the office early without him knowing what was going on. He got home and his wife Rachel surprised him with tickets to Colorado and all of his friends were packed and ready to go! For the full story and pics, you can visit Rachel's blog at http://jamieandrachel.blogspot.com/
On my official last day, Friday, the office had an ice cream cake going away party for me as well! Everyone was so sweet! I will miss you all but will be up to visit with baby Andrew soon!
After work, GoGo came to pick up Christian and take him to Van Buren for the night so Jim and I could celebrate my "retirement". :) We went to dinner at Powerhouse then went to our friends house, Aaron and Allison. Their boys Carter and Carson had received drums and guitars for Christmas and put on a show for us! It was so cute!
Thanks Aaron and Allison for having us over!
Now, to put my feet up and rest on the couch in my Snuggie....;)
No comments:
Post a Comment