Andrew turned 7 weeks old yesterday. He is already 11 pounds! I looked at Christian's baby book this morning and Christian was 14 pounds at 2 months and was sleeping through the night at 7 1/2 weeks! Well, Andrew's not there yet, but as they say, your second child can be a lot different from your first. We are experiencing a bit of that with Andrew. We have faced a few more challenges with Andrew than with Christian. Andrew is more fussy than Christian but Christian hardly ever cried, so maybe Andrew is just normal??!! ha! Andrew has also developed an addiction to a pacifier which Christian never did. This is both a good and a bad thing. Good for when you can get him to stop fussing but bad when it falls out (a LOT) and he fusses without it. So as I told Jim this morning, I am going to put Andrew through "baby boot camp". :) Another challenge we are going to overcome is overnight feedings. I have been feeding him in bed with me at night, but sometimes (due to sheer exhaustion) I fall sleep and so does he. Then I wake up later, and realize he is still lying next to me and I have no idea how much he ate and what time we fell asleep. NOT GOOD! I remember doing this with Christian and at this point too, and then beginning to get up and feed him in his glider and then lying him down in his crib. So time to do so with Andrew as well. The other challenge is when I am awake enough to lay him down in his bassinett after eating at night, he has a hard time falling back asleep. If he is already asleep and I lay him down, it's all good, but if he wakes up, GAME OVER. So then we begin the pacifier "game" as I call it and as soon as he sucks on it, he is good and falls right to sleep. But unfortunately, it will pop out of his mouth and he begins fussing all over again. This can go on and on through the night to the point sleep is no longer an option for me. So I am looking again to BabyWise for its wisdom that helped me so much with Christian. But for starters, no more pacifier at night!
Andrew is still my little sweet pea! He smiled through his entire bath last night and it was the cutest thing! He loves to go outside! I also may be spoiling him a bit because I love to hold him all the time too. Just knowing he is our last baby, I savor each moment! It's like the song "Let Them Be Little" (which is on my playlist that I just added to the blog at the right side of the page) which is one of the sweetest songs! Though I don't like country music a whole lot, they played this song when Christian walked down the aisle at his preschool graduation and every mom in the place began to cry...including me! Take a listen to the song...
Andrew also likes to be on his tummy more than Christian ever did. So I got him a new "tummy time" mat to lay on.

We also practice sitting up throughout the day! He does really well!
I also wanted to share a few more pictures...
The blanket Dr. Sarver's office had made for Andrew.
Andrew and Dr. Sarver
As I type out this update to the blog, Andrew has fallen asleep in his bouncer with no vibration and no pacifier for the second time today! Baby Boot Camp is going well so far....
Andrew is still my little sweet pea! He smiled through his entire bath last night and it was the cutest thing! He loves to go outside! I also may be spoiling him a bit because I love to hold him all the time too. Just knowing he is our last baby, I savor each moment! It's like the song "Let Them Be Little" (which is on my playlist that I just added to the blog at the right side of the page) which is one of the sweetest songs! Though I don't like country music a whole lot, they played this song when Christian walked down the aisle at his preschool graduation and every mom in the place began to cry...including me! Take a listen to the song...
Andrew also likes to be on his tummy more than Christian ever did. So I got him a new "tummy time" mat to lay on.
As I type out this update to the blog, Andrew has fallen asleep in his bouncer with no vibration and no pacifier for the second time today! Baby Boot Camp is going well so far....
No comments:
Post a Comment