I took Andrew to his 4 month check-up after we dropped off Christian on his first day of school. Dr. Hill said he was doing great! He weighed 14lbs 11 oz and was 24.5 inches long! I told Dr. Hill I thought he was teething so she checked out his mouth and guess what??? He is getting 3 teeth right now! She could feel and see the corner of the bottom tooth (the one we discovered a few weeks ago) and he is getting two more on the top. It made me feel better that Dr. Hill could see the tooth that I thought had disappeared but I guess the gums did swell up after it broke through. So we have continued to give Andrew OraGel from time to time to help with the pain. I can tell it bothers him when he is tired. He just chews and chews on his fingers where the bumps are and he drools like crazy. Our new nickname for him is "drool bucket". Christian thinks it is funny. Dr. Hill also said we could try rice cereal at anytime. I think we may do that starting on Sunday. Christian started his rice cereal at four months and really seemed to like it.

Andrew got his second round of immunization shots and did great. He was not fussy that afternoon and slept well. He has been falling asleep around 6:30 or 7pm and he wakes around 10pm for a feeding then falls back to sleep until 6am. Yeah! There have been a few nights he sleeps from 10pm to 6am without waking up again which is nice. But most nights he will wake again around 1:30 or sometimes 3:30 and I put oragel on his gums and he falls back to sleep. Poor little guy!
Andrew's schedule has been great. He eats 4 to 6oz when he wakes up and is awake and plays for 1 1/2 to 2 hours then sleeps about 1 1/2 hours and that schedule continues throughout the day. Luckily he falls asleep in the car after we drop Christian off at school so I carry him in the house in his car seat and he will sleep until his next feeding. Then when the afternoon rolls around, he usually wakes up around 2pm and I get to feed him before we have to pick up Christian from school, which works out nicely.
Andrew is able to sit up on his own while propping himself up with his arms. But usually by the time I run and get the camera, he begins to fall over...TIMBER! Ha!
So far our first week of school has gone great! Christian is excited every morning and is doing good in class! When we drop him off outside the school, one of the teachers asked him, "Do you remember where your classroom is?" Christian replies, "Sure! I am up to the task!". So funny! He is definitely proven he is "up to the task" of kindergarten!
Andrew got his second round of immunization shots and did great. He was not fussy that afternoon and slept well. He has been falling asleep around 6:30 or 7pm and he wakes around 10pm for a feeding then falls back to sleep until 6am. Yeah! There have been a few nights he sleeps from 10pm to 6am without waking up again which is nice. But most nights he will wake again around 1:30 or sometimes 3:30 and I put oragel on his gums and he falls back to sleep. Poor little guy!
Andrew's schedule has been great. He eats 4 to 6oz when he wakes up and is awake and plays for 1 1/2 to 2 hours then sleeps about 1 1/2 hours and that schedule continues throughout the day. Luckily he falls asleep in the car after we drop Christian off at school so I carry him in the house in his car seat and he will sleep until his next feeding. Then when the afternoon rolls around, he usually wakes up around 2pm and I get to feed him before we have to pick up Christian from school, which works out nicely.
So far our first week of school has gone great! Christian is excited every morning and is doing good in class! When we drop him off outside the school, one of the teachers asked him, "Do you remember where your classroom is?" Christian replies, "Sure! I am up to the task!". So funny! He is definitely proven he is "up to the task" of kindergarten!
No comments:
Post a Comment