Friday, August 28, 2009

Busy week!


My mother-in-law sent me this card in the mail today. It is unbelievable how accurate it is! (except for the earache part) Thanks Ann for the sweet card! I LOVED it! :)

Monday, I actually went into work! My boss Stephanie had a couple people that were going to be out of the office on the trade floor, so she asked if I could fill in. I said SURE! Stephanie is the best boss ever and I am happy to help in any way I can. Plus, I was excited to get to see my co-workers again and catch up! (Oh yes, and work too. ha!) Even though it had been 6 months since I was at work, it was like I never left. I am staying on with ARVEST Asset Management as "seasonal" so I can fill in if ever necessary and it keeps me as an active employee and keeps my investment licenses current. That way, if and when I ever decide to go back to work full-time, I could just walk in the door and be ready to go!

Who watched Andrew you ask? Well, Jim played "Mister Mom" that day. Remember that movie from the 80s with Michael Keaton??!! Just like that except the baby did not eat any chili and I don't think Jim got hooked on any soap operas. ;)
Jim has the flexibility in his job to work from home on occasion with his work laptop so he did not have to use a vacation day. Jim took Christian to school and picked him up. Jim said he had a great time playing with Andrew and they even made up their own little "daddy and Andrew" game. So sweet!

And yes, Andrew is cutting three teeth right now. Today at lunch, the bottom front tooth was breaking through even more that his gums were bleeding. Poor little guy. But all I have to do is hold him, laugh and play peek-a-boo and he giggling up a storm!

I was also busy this week preparing for my first Mom's Ministry class of the fall semester! It was so great to see my familiar Thursday morning faces and so excited to see new faces too! We have 15 people in class this semester and we are going to start off by studying
"The Frazzled Female, Finding Peace in the Midst of Daily Life" by Cindi Wood. What a perfect study for me right now! Going from one kid to two has left me with a few "frazzled" moments!

We have a calm weekend ahead of us and I am excited about having no big plans. Looks like a quite weekend at home with all my boys!

No comments: