Today we went to Cooper Elementary for Christian's Kindergarten orientation!
With his backpack...checking out the view from the front his school
Mrs. Rogers is his teacher this year!
Christian in front of his cubby in his classroom
Christian stayed in his classroom to meet his teacher and get a tour of the school while Jim and I went to the cafeteria for parent orientation. We heard about everything he will learn this year, all the activities, etc. There are 7 kindergarten classes in his elementary school. He will have P.E. and art class once a week. He will have daily computer time too. I am so glad we have gotten him familiar with a computer already. We also learned how to pick up and drop off our children. Since NO children walk to this school, all kids arrive by either car or bus. The school explained their impressive system of dropping off and picking up over 120 children in 15 minutes without parents getting out of their cars. I can't wait to see how this works! After the orientation, Christian actually gave us a tour of the school. That kid has the best memory and sense of direction. :) And he learns so quickly!
All in all, it looks like he will have a fun-filled year of learning at Cooper Elementary!
Christian sitting outside his school with Andrew
Just two more days until the first day of school! Quick!! Someone had me a tissue! I might cry!
I can't believe my boy is so big! I am so proud of him!
Christian stayed in his classroom to meet his teacher and get a tour of the school while Jim and I went to the cafeteria for parent orientation. We heard about everything he will learn this year, all the activities, etc. There are 7 kindergarten classes in his elementary school. He will have P.E. and art class once a week. He will have daily computer time too. I am so glad we have gotten him familiar with a computer already. We also learned how to pick up and drop off our children. Since NO children walk to this school, all kids arrive by either car or bus. The school explained their impressive system of dropping off and picking up over 120 children in 15 minutes without parents getting out of their cars. I can't wait to see how this works! After the orientation, Christian actually gave us a tour of the school. That kid has the best memory and sense of direction. :) And he learns so quickly!
All in all, it looks like he will have a fun-filled year of learning at Cooper Elementary!
Just two more days until the first day of school! Quick!! Someone had me a tissue! I might cry!
I can't believe my boy is so big! I am so proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment