Sunday, August 2, 2009

Christian's fun times!

Having fun together!

With school starting in just a couple weeks, I have really been trying to enjoy every minute I have with Christian at home with me. In the mornings, Christian likes to watch a few cartoons. He sometimes asks to hold Andrew while he watches them...like the picture above.

Christian LOVES to help me cook. Above he made this Mexican Chicken Pot Pie all by himself (of course I opened all the cans). We even used the extra dough to make a smiley face!

ARRRRR! Ahoy Mates!

Our friend Nora spent a few weeks on the east coast, and she brought back a pirate outfit and book about Blackbeard the Pirate. Christian loved it! One of his favorite movies he has been watching lately is the Veggie Tales pirate movie.


Here he is without the eye patch and he put on the earring. Jim didn't like that part of the costume much. ;)

Speaking of movies, we have been watching lots of movies this summer! Thanks to Netflix, I have been ordering all the latest kids movies plus lots of the Disney classics....like Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, etc. I had never seen these movies before (shocking I know, but I grew up watching Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke and The Jerk when I was five...yes, I had quite a different upbringing). So it has been fun getting to enjoy these movies for the first time with Christian!

I recently taught Christian how to use the computer.
He likes to play the learning games on PBS Kids website www.pbskids.org
Jim and I were both amazed how quick he learned everything! And to think, we both took a whole class in college dedicated to just learning how to use the mouse and to point and click! (CISQ 1121 with Ms. Van Es...bring back any memories fellow business majors?)

Christian has also been riding his bike a lot. He does great and loves to ride back and forth from our house to our neighbor, Mrs. Linda.

I think these two will miss each other during they day when school starts! :)

No comments: