Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lunch date with Christian

Monday, Jim and I went to have lunch with Christian at his school. (Andrew too, of course)
Christian's school allows parents to come have lunch with their kiddos in the cafeteria anytime so we thought we would check it out. It was "taco nacho supreme day" and it was yummy!
The only differences between today's school lunches and when I was in school is that the trays are Styrofoam (no washing trays for the lunch ladies) and the cost of lunch...$2.20! I remember lunches being 35 cents, but I was a "poor kid" on the reduced lunch plan. ;)
I think that's a bit much for a kindergartner so I pack his lunch for half that price.
We got to see all his little classmates and meet one of his best buddies he has already made at school. Christian was excited that we came!

The weather has really cooled off and it feels like fall already! When I was getting Christian ready for school Monday, I pulled out his pants from last fall and well, they were a bit short....he looked like he was ready for a flood. :) Luckily, we had one pair of pants that worked. So after school, we headed to the Promenade for some pants shopping. We bought pants and jeans for Christian and bought some cute bibs and some new sleepers for Andrew too.

Christian was such a great shopper, trying on clothes too, that I told him he could ride the carousel and we got ice cream too!


Christian loves to hang out by the fountain. It was SO beautiful outside. We sat and talked together while enjoying the great weather. Andrew took a nap in the stroller...


Christian took this picture of me.

I really enjoyed my special time with my big boy!

No comments: