Stewie, aka Stew the Woo, Woo the Stew, Sta the Wa, Wa the Sta, was put to rest and went to kitty heaven on September 25, 2009.
He enjoyed open windows, laying around, eating fake floral arrangements, puking and pole dancing. He had a good life.
Seriously, I took Stewie to the vet this week to get checked out because he has been sick. His head had bad bloody sores, his hair was falling out in huge chunks and he was puking way more than normal. He was also spending most of his time hiding in the back of the pantry or behind the downstairs couch, which was unusual. He was also not eating as much and would puke whenever he ate.
Vet said he had masses in his stomach and bowels (possible stomach cancer) making him puke, hair falling out, etc. His bumps and sores may have been from the stress his body was going through. He gave us the option of surgery but I figured Stewie lived a good life and I would rather him die in peace rather than suffer through a surgery that may not make him better. Plus, I refused to have a cat on IV meds and a colostomy bag.
Even though I had been complaining about wanting to get rid of the cat for awhile, I was the only one that got a little emotional over it. Weird, I know. Jim was fine with it and Christian said, "Well, we can just go over to someone's house that has a kitty."
At least I don't have to keep our bedroom door closed all the time anymore (He would always puke on our bed which was GROSS) and I can actually put out fresh flower arrangements now.
Stewie, you will be missed. Sort of. ;)
Stewie with Christian when he was little
He enjoyed open windows, laying around, eating fake floral arrangements, puking and pole dancing. He had a good life.
Seriously, I took Stewie to the vet this week to get checked out because he has been sick. His head had bad bloody sores, his hair was falling out in huge chunks and he was puking way more than normal. He was also spending most of his time hiding in the back of the pantry or behind the downstairs couch, which was unusual. He was also not eating as much and would puke whenever he ate.
Vet said he had masses in his stomach and bowels (possible stomach cancer) making him puke, hair falling out, etc. His bumps and sores may have been from the stress his body was going through. He gave us the option of surgery but I figured Stewie lived a good life and I would rather him die in peace rather than suffer through a surgery that may not make him better. Plus, I refused to have a cat on IV meds and a colostomy bag.
Even though I had been complaining about wanting to get rid of the cat for awhile, I was the only one that got a little emotional over it. Weird, I know. Jim was fine with it and Christian said, "Well, we can just go over to someone's house that has a kitty."
At least I don't have to keep our bedroom door closed all the time anymore (He would always puke on our bed which was GROSS) and I can actually put out fresh flower arrangements now.
Stewie, you will be missed. Sort of. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment